A GASTRONOMIC AUDIO TOUR / FROM THE DARKNESS OF CISTERNERNE TO THE IDYLL OF BAKKEHUSET
Go on an audio-guided gastronomic walk through the meadows of Søndermarken – from the darkness of Cisternerne to the idyll of Bakkehuset. Listen to a poetic story, narrated by the Danish actress, Ellen Hillingsø, while being guided through nature, history and cultural heritage with surprising taste experiences along the way.
“ (…) from the middle you can see the spire of Frederiksberg Church, you are still in the middle of a big city. But in a quiet moment under the spruces, in a gap between land and water. Take the jar with the blue lid and put the content into your mouth
The audio-guided gastronomic take you through one of the capital’s most beautiful parks with a pre-ordered basket under your arm. In the basket you will find vinegar pickled linden leaves, baked roast barley with nettle seeds, as well as other taste experiences rooted in the methods of the past and the five basic taste elements: salty, sour, sweet, bitter and unami.
All the taste variations are created based on the area’s nature and history and developed by Bakkehuset’s head chef, Fie Berlin, in collaboration with the professional herb collector, Thomas Laursen.
A journey through time and place
After visiting the underground darkness of Cisternerne, you will be guided on a hike through Søndermarken, where stories from different times unfold on your way through the park while you are guided through unique taste experiences. The hike ends in one of the city’s finest oases, the heart of the Danish Golden Age, where H.C. Andersen and other poets previously gathered. Today, Bakkehuset on Rahbeks Allé remains a cultural meeting place, with its museum, romantic garden and critically acclaimed lunch restaurant, Orangeriet.
The experience has a duration of approximately 1 hour, and tickets must be booked in advance.
- Tickets must be booked in advance.
- Purchase of a ticket also includes a Museum Pass for all units in the Frederiksberg Museums, which is valid one year from the date of purchase.
- Only a few tickets with gastro-baskets are put up for sale daily.
- Age limit: 15.
- The trip can be challenging for visually impaired and people with walking difficulties.
- At the end of the audio guided walk, the gastro-basket is handed over in Bakkehuset.
- The contents of the basket are not adequate as a meal.
Before your visit
- Remember to be dressed in practical clothing and footwear.
- Prior to participation, you must download the app Frederiksbergmuseerne on App Store, Google Play or via www.frederiksbergmuseerne.dk.
- You must bring your own headphones and a charged mobile phone or tablet.
Cisternerne is an underground art space for contemporary art that awakens all the senses. Bakkehuset is a museum with a focus on the Romantic movement and the Golden Age, and which also offers food from its culinary orangery. Cisternerne and Bakkehuset are both part of the Frederiksberg Museums.